3 Ways to Boost Your results in the gym
Not satisfied with your current workout or wanting to burn off extra calories? Why don’t you try:
1. Jump Training: Also known as ‘plyometrics’ and favored by martial artists. Plyometrics are a series of jump-based, explosive exercises designed to get the heart rate up quickly, and fast heart equals more calories and fat burned away! As a bonus, jump training excels at targeting your agility and twitch muscles to give an exciting and challenging workout. Be sure to learn the ropes of these high-impact moves first, since proper form is essential!
2. Use your body weight (use everything): It’s easy to focus on the lower body with cardio exercises like biking, elliptical, or stair climbing, but burning calories is easier if you get the upper body involved as well. Pump your arms when running or use elliptical with moving handles, for instance. You should also try adding upper-body exercises like T-bar rows, medicine ball thrusts, or bench presses to your routine. Mix and match what you like best until you find the full-body solution that you love! Just remember: more muscles moving means more calories burning.
3. Up the Intensity: Moving out of your comfort zone helps build cardio and burn calories. Kick the incline or resistance on your gym machine up a notch and try an uphill path on your jog. A high intensity workout can burn fat for up to 11 hours after you stop, according to the 2002 Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports Medicine. Don’t worry if you aren’t up for high-intensity workouts, though. Simply increasing your pace, even by a small margin, will still give improved returns. Also Mixing up your workout by shifting between high and low intensity exercises is actually better than going steady-state. Both your calories burned and overall fitness improve more when you pace yourself, not to mention it helps your endurance!
Did you find these tips helpful? if so please share the article.
Latest posts by Adam Ali (see all)
- WHY PEOPLE CHANGE AND 3 PAINLESS WAYS YOU CAN CHANGE TOO - March 17, 2019
- SIGNS YOU ARE OVER-EXERCISING AND HOW TO AVOID IT - February 17, 2019
- IMPROVING YOUR MOOD AND MEMORY VIA EXERCISE - January 24, 2019