iWontLose Awards recognizes individuals who are pursuing their life goals/dreams. This week we proudly feature Dejan Kravic. Dejan is a 7 Foot Basketball player who has played for Texas Tech University (Division 1) and is currently representing his country – Serbia in the Men National basketball team. He has an undergrad degree in sports management and masters in exercise sports science. Please help me recognize Dejan by showing him some well deserved props!
Want to be recognized? LIKE this page and send a message with your story! We’re looking forward to featuring you!
5 Reasons Why You Aren’t Building Muscle
Why Aren’t I Building Muscles?
People workout for many different reasons such as getting chizzled abs, firmer glutes, and more defined quads or biceps are all common motivators for going to the gym. That’s why it can be discouraging for people when they seem to do everything right but just aren’t gaining muscle as fast—or as much—as they’d like. Here are a few things that could be getting in the way:
1.Not Enough Weight:
Stretches and lifts may make you feel the burn, but these won’t add muscles without weight to back them up. If you want size, shape, and definition, you need to add weights—it’s that simple!
2. Missing Mind-Muscle Control:
When working out, it’s important to focus on each movement you make. Letting the routine take over and simply going through movement patterns means you aren’t giving full focus or exertion to the exercise. Just by paying attention you can give yourself a more concentrated workout and a better result.
3. Poor Form:
Each movement or exercise has a corresponding form that can maximize the result. Take a leg press for example. Placing your weight higher on the foot pad emphasizes glute and hamstring focus. Adjustments to stances, realignment of posture, or slight shifts in balance can change how your muscles react and build.
4. Insufficient Calories:
Working out is what motivates your muscles, but growing takes fuel as well. Eating enough just to sustain yourself is fine, but sustaining is all you’ll end up doing. Evaluate your diet and see if you’re in a calorie surplus. If you aren’t, try increasing your intake by 200 calories per week until you start seeing the desired growth. Sticking to healthy food choices will ensure gains in lean muscle as opposed to body fat.
5. Not Enough Sleep:
A good, 7-9 hour sleep helps recharge the body build muscle for two main reasons. The first is that muscles don’t grow when they’re used—they grow after use during periods of rest. Insufficient rest interferes with the anabolic process and will slow muscle growth. The second reason is that the body’s internal clock causes more growth hormones to be released during the night. Getting proper sleep lets your body fully capitalize on turning the day’s work into nighttime muscle growth.
With these tidbits in mind, take a look at your workout, diet, and schedule to see what changes can be made to help see the growth you desire. Small changes can see big returns over time, so just keep working out; stay focused, but don’t stay strong—get stronger!
Motivation: SHOW UP FOR YOUR LIFE
Get up and get what’s yours!
When are you going to take responsibility for your life? don’t delay any more. Show up for your life today!!
The Athletic Mind Gym Video Course
The Athletic Mind Gym Video Course by ADAMwontLOSE and Coach Dayne
The ATHLETIC MIND GYM: How To Become A Top Performing Athlete
is a video course brought to you by motivational athlete Adam Ali (a.k.a. ADAMwontLOSE) of iWontLose.com and Coach Dayne of the 1% Mindset. The two motivational leaders have joined forces in providing you with a jam-packed video course on what it takes to become a top performing athlete in your respective sport.
– An aspiring athlete?
– A coach/trainer (a great resource for you)
– An Athlete just fed up and wants to take their game to the next level
– An Action-taker
Then this course is for YOU!
Does this sound familiar?
– You want to have more confidence in your sport
– You want to be a better leader
– You want to be the best athlete you can be
– You want to know how to take care of your body to perform at optimal
Then this course is for YOU!
The Athletic Mind Gym video course contains no fillers just 20 “In your face” Videos designed with the sole intentions to make you take massive ACTION towards your athletic/sports goals starting today. We’ve added some valuable bonuses which include:-
– meal plan
– workout routine
– a commitment contract
– and more
Some of the highlighted topics we cover are:-
– Athletic Physiology (How to optimize your body for top performance)
– Athletic Psychology (How to form the right mindset to achieve)
– A Case study on Kobe Bryant and Bruce Lee
– Motivation (What it really is and how to form the right kind of motivation for your success)
– And many more
If you truly want to grow in your sport invest in this program and by next week you’ll already be better then you are today. Guaranteed!
We are even backing it up with a money back guaranteed if you are not content. There is no risk for you except being the best athlete you can be by next week!
“Do What You Do” Motivational Video Featuring Adam Ali
Antler Farms partners with Adam Ali of iwontlose.com in this motivational video called DO WHAT YOU DO!
Motivation: Time is of the Essence
Thanks for watching this video. We just wanted to show you that we all have 24hours and it’s up to YOU to make the best out of it. Always remember that good things come to those who wait but greater things come to those who chase. No one will feel sorry for you so get up and get what’s yours!!
Leave a comment/share/subscribe/like
Thoughtful Tuesday #13
5 Things You Should Do When You Want To Give Up
1. Remember WHY you started
– Take a moment to reflect back to why you even started in the first place
2. Visualize accomplishing your goals and what it looks like and feels
– Go into what i call the MIND GYM to look at what the future now looks like since you’ve accomplished your goals
3. Think about who else is affected by your decision of giving up
– Who will gain or lose from this decision that you are about to make? It’s not all about you! It could be about your family, friends who believed in you, and the ones who are watching you.
4. Seek motivation
– Express your feelings by talking to someone!
– Look at motivational content.
– Take a break and get re-inspired!
5. Look at your game-plan and how you got here
– Count the small wins that lead you to here
5 Habits Holding you back from Success
Thoughtful Tuesday #11: 5 Habits Holding you back from Success
Today we discuss 5 habits that are holding you back from success
1. Doing things for recognition (WANTING APPROVAL)
2. Waiting for the right moment to start
3. Telling yourself the same old lousy story why you CANT
4. Continuing to be apart of an awful surrounding with low ambition (b/c you want to keep it real)
5. Saying YES to everything
Don’t forget to comment/subscribe 🙂
[VIDEO] Outdoor Workout Motivation
Here’s an outdoor training in sunny California. I don’t really train outside but I did and it was fun and challenging. Look out for a lot more diverse workout videos coming soon.