HOW TO BEGIN LIKING YOURSELF
Lately, it’s becoming easier to become more and more negative to ourselves. It doesn’t help that at the same time being told that it is obnoxious to like or even love ourselves. It is so easy to hold on to failure and to start playing the blame game but it is vital that you begin liking yourself. How can we truly like other people or progress in life if we don’t value our own qualities?
Here are 3 sure ways to help you begin liking yourself (even more):
1. Take Some Time -Why not try some things by yourself? Go for a walk, watch a film, treat yourself to dinner; whatever it may be, make sure you have fun. Every now and then, forget about what you are wearing, your hair, your makeup, etc, and just take some time for yourself. You work hard and someone should reward you for that but who is that person? YOU!
2. It’s fine to compliment yourself – Instead of looking in the mirror and noticing what you don’t like, point out all the things you do like. Make sure you practice this often and always remember that it’s okay to get into the habit of complimenting yourself. Do not forget to remember that mistakes will happen, they happen to every single person on. When they do occur, you don’t have to beat yourself up and let it ruin your day. Stay calm, notice where you went wrong and what you can do to ensure it doesn’t happen again and move forward. Be nice to yourself always and don’t rely on others to congratulate you for something, you could be waiting a long time. Instead, give yourself a pat on the back.
3. The Past Has Gone – There is no point dwelling on the past because it has gone and there is nothing you can do to change what has happened. What you can change is what is right in front of you. As long as you learn from yesterday, you can move forward happily into tomorrow. We have a habit of focusing on the things we don’t like about ourselves, why not focus on what you like instead? Think about what you are known for in your family or group of friends and leave the past in the past where it belongs.
Ultimately, it can become all too easy to compare ourselves to other people but we are all unique and we all have our special qualities. We don’t have to wait for someone to compliment us on a job well done or to treat us, we can do it ourselves. Why not start today? begin liking yourself every day.
Latest posts by Adam Ali (see all)
- Maximizing Muscle Growth and Body Fat Loss: Eating Before a Workout - September 14, 2017
- You’re Doing Just Fine: Here are 10 Reminders for Self-Love - August 23, 2017
- HOW TO FIGHT DEPRESSION AND A LACK OF MOTIVATION! - July 26, 2017