It is often said that exercise remains the best thing since sliced bread, and that statement isn’t far from the truth. A closer inspection on the merits of exercise reveals it’s therapeutic and health benefits such as reduction in body fat, improvement in mood, development of lean muscle mass, and so all. With the vast array of benefits of exercise, it is no surprise that more and more people are constantly engaging in various exercises in a bid to improve their health and life.
However excessive exercise can lead to certain complications in our body. Our bodies are like machines, and when it is subjected to rigorous exercise repeatedly, it can lead to wear and tear, and this results in chronic injuries, reduction in immunity, and insomnia. To get the best out of your exercise plans, one has to strike a balance between two critical factors; stress (exercise) and recovery (rest).
If the stress is greater than the recovery, then there is every tendency that the body will suffer for it. So many times, people don’t realize that they are over-exercising, and when they do, it becomes too late, and the body suffers for it.
SIGNS THAT YOU ARE OVEREXERCISING
The following are signs that you are overexercising;
- A consistent lack of readiness is a clear indicator that you might just be overexercising. The lack of readiness doesn’t indicate a lack of motivation, but instead, it indicates that you feel mentally and physically exhausted.
- A sudden and consistent rise and all of your morning resting heart rate of 5-10bpm or more in combination with high-load training indicate that you are probably exercising too much, and you require rest. Monitoring your resting heart rate can help you to identify where you are psychological.
- A consistent lack of appetite and sleep is a good indicator that you have to reduce the amount of exercise you do. A good appetite and a responsive appetite are good ways to tell that your body is in the right condition.
HOW TO AVOID OVEREXERCISING
There are different ways via which you can structure your training program to prevent overexercising.
- Switch between different modes of exercises regularly to get maximum benefits from your exercise regime. This ensures your body does not adapt to the stress of repetitive work and limits your progress.
- Segment your training into a mixture of high-intensity and low-intensity programs. A combination of both levels of intensity will bring out the best in your exercise plans, and help you avoid over-exercising.
Overexercising can be a problematic issue for you and your health. Don’t overlook the signs that you are overexercising, and it will do you a whole lot of good if you implement certain preventive measures that ensure you don’t overstep the mark. Join us at http://menstrong.com today to get a fully balanced training program that provides nutrition, fitness, and well-being guidance to ensure you never over-exercise! Use the code: GETBIG or GETRIPPED to receive 50% off.
Latest posts by Adam Ali (see all)
- USING STRENGTH AND SPEED TO BUILD YOUR AEROBIC CAPACITY - July 17, 2019
- 8 WAYS TO FREE YOURSELF FROM EMOTIONAL EATING - June 25, 2019
- 5 SURE WAYS TO WORKOUT AND HAVE FUN WHILE DOING IT - June 18, 2019