Big mike the face of Menstrong and iwontlose here to give you some motivation. How far have you come this year? still have a chance to go further or to even start. So join us at Menstrong.com and let’s get this work going! See you inside.
We reach that time of year again where self-assessment and reflection are at an all-time high. As we head into 2017, we start to assess our goals and decide whether we are truly happy in life or whether changes need to be made. If you choose to progress in your current industry or push towards a new career, we have three simple ways of setting yourself up for success.
Set a Plan – Of course, this time of year is synonymous with setting so-called ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ but how successful are these aims? According to a recent study, less than 10% of people feel as though they were successful with their resolution come December. To go further, only 58% of resolutions remain in place after just one month. Why is this the case?
In most cases, the failure comes because there is a real lack of planning. When deciding on your goals for 2017, you need to work out exactly how you plan to get there otherwise there is no point in the first place. Would you plan a holiday without planning how to get there? When planning, remember daily, weekly, and monthly actions you can take to progress towards your goals. However, never let planning get in the way of starting the journey.
Simplicity is Key – Rather than setting many different goals and getting confused so that, by the end of the year, no progress is made, try to set just one goal for each area of your life. In life, it is always good to have many different ambitions but you will see much better results as soon as you slow down and focus on one goal at a time.
For many, quitting smoking is one of the main goals of the year and one simple way to move towards that aim is to calculate what money is currently being spent on the habit and where that money could go if you were to quit. For example, if you have children, it could be put towards a holiday or new toys and clothes. In all areas of your goal-setting, simplicity is key and this should come together with your planning seen in the first tip. Rather than creating difficult and confusing plans, keep things simple and take one small step at a time.
Don’t Forget Balance – Having a plan and setting goals is all well and good but this doesn’t mean that we should completely forget other areas of life. In truth, balance should be one of the most important targets that you have this year because we need it for that one word we have used throughout – success.
For example, a lack of balance can be seen in many areas of life but commonly in the gym. Have you ever seen a bulky guy in the gym that creates a sense of intimidation just by walking around with huge arms, chest, and shoulders? To see whether they have correct balance, take a glance down at their legs. Sadly, many work too hard on the upper body and leave the legs behind which makes them look like a cartoon character with stick legs. Essentially, this is a brilliant metaphor for life so you need to remember all areas of life and don’t let one fall behind. If your career is going well, don’t forget to take some time to maintain your personal relationships. Every so often, take a step back and reassess to ensure that you remain on the right path.
Summary – With these three simple tips, you can set yourself up for success in 2017. Rather than setting a ‘resolution’ this month, why not set some goals and a plan to make sure that you really do succeed in 2017?
Do you ever feel like things are holding you back? Holding you back from where you want to be, where you need to be or potentially how you need to grow? There are so many things that we do in life that we potentially forget what we need to remove from our lives to finally grow and just win. The year of 2016 is all bout evolving and excelling growth. Chasing our dreams/goals this year is crucial even if it means removing things from our life that will hold us back from reaching any of it. There are 3 things we can remove from our lives in order to win and gain success, are you ready to give these up in 2016?
3 Self Changes for a Successful 2016
1.Procrastination has to be one of the biggest things a lot of us tend to struggle with. We have all these ideas but don’t ever take the time to write them down but most importantly get started on what you want to become in the future. The longer you wait, the longer it’ll take. Make sure you take some time out of your day even if it’s a quarter of the day, to start your craft and do what you love! Nothing is more irritating than having all these ideas, knowing you could be successful but not starting at all.
2. Negative Energy has to be the second thing on our list to remove in order to win. When we’re around negativity all the time, that doesn’t help us get closer to our craft, but farther. We need to realized a point in our life where we understand that things are not worth losing your dreams and goals and that being around negative energy all the time won’t persuade us to get where we need to be. We need to reach new heights in surrounding ourselves around positivity as hard it could be in a world full of negativity. This will be one of the ways to get going on your craft and WIN.
3. Fear is another factor that stops us from getting where we need to be. We’re so focused on thinking we’re not going to make it that we forget to realize that saying things like we’re not going to make it, then we won’t. If we say things like we are going to make it then we will, it all comes with perseverance and dedication. So many dreams are pushed under the rug because people are too scared to chase what they want because they may fail, but understand that failing comes with success and being greater. You must fail in order to experience the wave of doing good and learning to better yourself in terms of WINNING.
These are ways that can help you win, help you grow, help you stay motivated and rejuvenated for the year of 2016 but not only that, for your life. We need to stop letting things stop us from getting where we need to be and dedicate ourselves to more positive things within the future removing things that stop us from the process. Do you want to win? Or is staying at the same level something you’re okay with for the years to come. We hope you decide to win this year!
2014 Can be yours if you decide..
1. If you DECIDE to live in the moment more often
2. If you DECIDE to listen more than you talk
3. If you DECIDE to tackle your to-do list with aggression
4. If you DECIDE to cut back on bad foods especially sugar
5. If you DECIDE to read more mental stimulating content
6. If you DECIDE to let go of resentments and grudges from your past
7. If you DECIDE to embrace and try new things throughout the year
8. If you DECIDE to laugh everyday – everyday!
9. If you DECIDE to realize that sleeping is a very important part of your day and ensure to get adequate amount of sleep (6-9hrs/day)
10. If you DECIDE to look at the brighter side of every event that happens to you. Decide to have a positive mindset.
You can always write me to express your thoughts. Happy New year!
Wishing you an amazing 2014!